In This tutorial i will show you how I made it using my pocket hole system, miter saw, and orbital sander, but I’ll include the alternative directions if you don’t have those tools.
Here’s a suggested shopping list:
- (1) 1x6x6 (cut in half, to 3′ long)
- (1) 1x4x6 (cut to 3′ long, or whatever length to match the 1×6 boards)
- (6) small screw hooks (I used 7/8″ cup hooks from Home Depot, pictured below)
- (3) baskets (I bought mine from Michaels at 50% off, so $5 each, woo hoo! They came with burlap liners, but I didn’t like those so I pulled them out, baskets pictured below)
- (2) picture frame hooks (to nail to the back to hang from the wall)
Additional materials if you don’t already have them:
- fine line paint brush
- small bottle of white acrylic paint
- Wood stain (I used Varathane’s “Briarsmoke”
- Protective coating (I used Varathane’s “Matte” Polyurthane)
- Sponge brush for stain and poly
- Sandpaper (or orbital sander if you have one)
- Rustoleum’s “Rubbed Oil Bronze” spray paint.