Happy Fall y’all! I can’t believe it’s already here. I’m so excited for cooler weather and all the delicious Fall flavors!
That brings me to today’s recipe which is made with one of the best fruits of Fall – APPLES! And what’s better than a candied apple!
Have you ever had a candy apple but wished there was a little more “candy” in each bite? Problem solved! These candy apples are covered with all of the ingredients in my favorite candy – chocolate turtles
And I love that there are just 5 ingredients in this recipe. Keeping it simple is always the best way to go when possible!
All you will need to make these Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices is 2 large apples, 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 cup melted caramels and chopped pecans.
I chose Fuji apples because they are extra fat and very large. Slice apple into 1/2″ pieces. Microwave chips in a microwave safe bowl for about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut oil and keep stirring until smooth. Cut a little slit in the bottom of each piece of apple and insert a wooden popsicle stick.
Dip apple slices into chocolate and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet with raised edges (also called a half-sheet pan).
Drizzle with melted caramel.
Sprinkle with chopped nuts, then refrigerate for about 1 hour.
They are ready to enjoy! Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are so delicious and a perfect treat to kick off this Fall season!
Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
- 2 very large Fuji apples
- 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Nestle
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup caramels melted (I used Kraft caramels)
- Chopped pecans
- Popsicle sticks
- Slice apples into 1/2″ pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.
- Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds.* Do NOT overheat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.
- *For best results, follow the chocolate chip package instructions for melting chocolate and same for caramel. Follow the caramel package instructions for melting caramels.
- Note: If you’re concerned about biting into an apple seed, just remove them before dipping the apple slice in chocolate.