Chicken and Avocado
Chicken and avocado enchilada recipes have been making their way around the food logging sphere lately like these spicy avocado chicken enchiladas on the novice chef , these chicken and avocado enchiladas on gimme some oven and these avocado cream and chicken suiza enchiladas on foodie crush and given my obsession with both Mexican cuisine and avocados it was only a matter of time until I made some of my own! For my recipe I wanted to get as much avocado into the dish as possible so I stuffed the enchiladas with big chunks of avocado in addition to using avocados in the creamy enchilada sauce. Another goal that I had with the recipe was for it to be really quick and easy to put together and if you have the salsa verde and cooked and shredded chicken on hand already then you can whip these super tasty enchiladas up in about 30 minutes!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 (7 inch) tortillas
- Puree the chicken broth, salsa verde, sour cream, avocados, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
Mix the half of the sauce with the chicken, avocado, green onions and half of the cheese.
Coat the bottom of a large baking dish with some of the remaining sauce
Wrap the chicken and avocado mixture in the tortillas and place them in the dish.
Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and cheese and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 15-20 minutes.